• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Build in progress with pics...

Oops...

Wow a couple days and not a single comment, good or bad. Figured it out...I thought this was a kayak building site, didn't realize it was just a pygmy site.

They are all the same to me.

Sorry, decided not to build a tern, just wasn't my first choice.

I looked,,,

I thought your blog looked good, and your build looks nice, too. It's quite possible no-one's home to reply to you this weekend. Most of the active people on this site are on the water as much as they can be. At least, that's the impression I get when I read the forum. It's busiest during the week. I'm just a lurker, though.

After looking at your build and watching Dan's kayak building on this site, I'm getting the bug to do another one myself. I think "reason" will prevail, though, and I'll just spend some time re-varnishing my Pygmy. :wink:

There may be another reason for no replies, too, fishbust. I don't think anyone knows you, yet. You haven't introduced yourself on the forum. I don't know if that's all that important, but Most people do it.

Just so you know, I'm only a novice to kayaking and the forum. I have built a Pygmy boat, though, and try to get out when I can. The real experts will talk to you soon, I'm sure.

Anyways, welcome to the forum.

Ian Mc.

fishbust, welcome to the site. Don't be disappointed that you haven't had many replies just yet -- you will.

Being a new person to the board has nothing to do with it -- as dgimcmillan states, it's the weekend and people are paddling again now that the weather is improving. I was over in Nanaimo attending a meeting about the proposed BC marine trail system for the coast -- and doing some paddling too. I should note here that this site is not concentric around any particular brand of boat -- it's nice to see that you're posting about a build that hasn't been discussed on the site before.

What made you decide to build the Shearwater?

2 layers of glass on the bottom? That should be a tough boat. I like the look of the Shearwater.

I have had a couple of threads on here with minimal replies. The REAL reason is because I wasn't asking any questions and wasn't doing anything radically different that made people want to ask questions. Your build looks pretty straightforward so all the busy people on this board probably just didn't think you needed a reply.

Alright...

I hear you guys.

Sorry, was just a little disappointed. The first builds are exciting and usually overdue (I figure) when we finally take the plunge and put the time aside to do it, fun to trade the blogs back and forth and talk some about it. But yeah I know, it is just another kit build to most. I am pretty active on the other boards I frequent for other things. Here, on this site, for some reason I like to sit back and read. Lots of good threads to follow.

Thanks for the positive replies. 8)

Your build looks like it is going well. How about posting some of your favorite pics on this thread? Have you had any unexpected challenges?

Fishbust wrote : Wow a couple days and not a single comment, good or bad. Figured it out...I thought this was a kayak building site, didn't realize it was just a pygmy site.

They are all the same to me.

Sorry, decided not to build a tern, just wasn't my first choice.

Keabird wrote: I have had a couple of threads on here with minimal replies. The REAL reason is because I wasn't asking any questions and wasn't doing anything radically different that made people want to ask questions. Your build looks pretty straightforward so all the busy people on this board probably just didn't think you needed a reply.

Don't take it personally fishbust, Keabird has a point, Hey look at me I have been on this site for over a year, I personally know a few people on here and I go and spend the time too put together a nice little photo album "paddling the shores of Steveston " last week to share some great photos ( in my mind they are) and out of 77 views NOT ONE DAMN COMMENT !!!! AM I bitter or upset... um no ( now where are those tissues..... damn allergies ) :lol:

Back