• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Kayak Stolen - Victoria

Coming up on three years since my Arluk III was stolen...and still looking for it :cry:
Anyone come across this boat in their travels ?

Don Lowther said:
This morning at around 4:30 my neighbor awoke to the sound of a couple thugs loading my kayak into the back of a pickup. It is a Necky Arluk III, red deck (repainted last year) with yellow deck lines, has thru-hull fittings at the rear of the cockpit for electric bilge pump (air switch). The hull is white with an extra layer of gelcoat along the bottom (shoe) and partial keel strips at the bow and stern. There are three repairs to the side of the hull that are noticable as the gel coat is whiter/shinier at those spots.The seat is a Nimbus seat, there are clips under the deck for an under-deck bag. The rudder is aluminum in colour. There is an old fibreglass patch/repair inside the rear compartment along the keel line. This boat did not have a serial number from the factory (older boat).

If you think you've spotted it please call the Saanich police - file number 10-9225.

Thank you,

Don Lowther

Wow, it has already been three years?
I have never understood how boats that are stolen and are so unique are never found again. I keep expecting them to turn up on craigslist or wherever for sale, and they never do. Or at least as far as I can tell they don't. Every so often boats are found again, but most of them disappear into the blue.

anyways, yes still keeping an eye out for your boat Don!

Back