• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Mara Lake BC - September 2010 Kayak Trip

Thank you !!!

This is in regards to us sharing links to videos about kayaking at beautiful places of our region:

Thank you for enlightening us about your forum.
We now understand that your site is “for paddlers everywhere – but not for everyone”

According to you, we are advertising by the means of how we copyright-protect our media. We don’t operate any business, we don’t advertise any products - we are a non-profit group. We love kayaking where we live, and that is all what we are promoting.

After all the loving remarks we have received from your site for sharing 2 (!) links with fellow paddlers, we won’t bother in the future as you are simply a waste of our time!

Kind Regards,
SK

P.S.: Dan, please install a “Terms & Conditions” segment that explains the difference between “advertising” and “promoting”. Contact us if you need help with the terminology.

Re: Thank you !!!

Shuswap Kayaks said:
According to you, we are advertising by the means of how we copyright-protect our media. We don’t operate any business, we don’t advertise any products - we are a non-profit group. We love kayaking where we live, and that is all what we are promoting.
You need to attain better reading comprehension skills -- I stated that if we feel your posts are commercial in nature that they will be deleted -- your posts are still here, aren't they?

After all the loving remarks we have received from your site for sharing 2 (!) links with fellow paddlers, we won’t bother in the future as you are simply a waste of our time!
Good. It will save us a lot of future grief, and save you time. Everybody wins.

P.S.: Dan, please install a “Terms & Conditions” segment that explains the difference between “advertising” and “promoting”. Contact us if you need help with the terminology.
In the six years that we've been running this site we've not had any issues in this regard except with you so I don't feel the need to write anything, but if I do I'll be sure to contact you for your unique expertise. In the meanwhile enjoy your paddling wherever you are.

See ya.

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Macbeth Act 5, Scene 5

Who said Mr. Shaking Spear was not for modern times. Bring back English Lit as a prerequisite to level II Paddling I say. Present score: Nootka 1 and SK um nuaght. Note, not knot, only naught.

Re: Thank you !!!

Dan_Millsip said:
(snip)...
In the six years that we've been running this site we've not had any issues in this regard except with you so I don't feel the need to write anything (snip)...
See ya.

AMEN!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Shuswap, I think a bit of clarification is in order. First, it is not 'the website' (speaking of WestCoastPaddler.com) that is taking issue with you or your video. We don't have any problem with anything in your original post. As a matter of fact, we encourage members, both new members and our long-time posters alike, to post photos and videos and stories about where they've paddled. That's what this site is all about.

Most of the first people to reply to this thread, commented on your video. Presumably that's why you posted it in our forums - to get some attention and see how people liked your work. Most of the people that commented simply stated that they didn't like the fact that your 'Copyright' info flashed across the screen every few seconds - it greatly detracts from the overall enjoyment of the video. I was one of them, as was Dan, but many of the others are not owners or moderators of this site. They were simply voicing their opinions. So please don't take offense with this site. People were giving you their opinions of your video. You seemed not to like hearing their opinions, and started 'bashing' the site. It's a bit like placing an ad in a newspaper, having lots of readers call in complaining about the ad, and then taking offense with the newspaper. It's not us you disagree with, it's our readers - we just happen to agree with them, in this case. If you really don't like our constructive criticism, may I suggest you find another place to post your video. Perhaps the visitors on some other site will like it just the way it is (although I find it probable that you'll simply get the same sort of comments anywhere - including on YouTube, if you were to open the video page to accept comments).

Back