• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

WANTED Canoe Wheels

SheilaP

Paddler
I have a friend who is doing the Bowron Circuit this summer. She is looking for canoe wheels. This is what she thinks: " I have a 17' canoe and the dolly cannot be more than 30" wide."

Anyone have wheels to sell or advice to offer? I am located in Victoria, but go up and down the island. Thanks.

One of the lodges up there, (I think it's called Becker's Lodge) can rent your friend a set of wheels. They're a bit big, but absolutely bomber on the rough trails. Most people just wheel their canoes straight into the lake and take the cart off once the canoe is floating. They have excellent ground clearance, which makes them ideal. You standard kayak cart won't hold up well with a canoe loaded with gear - no wheel bearings.

Rent them from Beckers, ...some people dont care for for Lother's personality, but I like him cut, dry, no crap.And he really funny if you GET him.

Renting is not a bad idea. But, if your friend wants wheels, I just happen to have a set for sale. They are HeavyLifter by PaddleBoy. Heavy duty, stainless steel tubing, 10" tires, rated for 400 lbs load, lubrication points on axles and stainless steel bearings, 14' strap included. They are probably the best wheels on the market. Designed for loaded double kayak or canoe, but I've used them for a single kayak as well. Pack very compact. In excellent condition, asking price $120 firm. Located in Brentwood Bay, not far from Swartz Bay ferry terminal.

Sheila, you are welcome to come and take a look.

Attachments

• IMG_4473.jpg
    IMG_4473.jpg
    463.3 KB · Views: 928
  • IMG_4475.jpg
    IMG_4475.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 916
Sheila, I hope that your friend found a solution to her wheel needs. In the meantime, my wheels are still for sale. See pictures and description just above this post.

By the way, I can pick up and take back to the ferry a person from the mainland that is interested in the wheels.

Sheila (and others interested in the wheels,) I just sold them to a couple that is going to paddle Bowron Lakes. Sorry. Gone.

Back