• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Kayak Rentals - Belfair WA ?

LAM

Paddler
This is probably a long shot... but does anyone know of a kayak rental place in the Belfair WA area? Looking specifically for British Style kayaks, ie: NDK/Valley etc.

Thanks

Lila

LAM said:
This is probably a long shot... but does anyone know of a kayak rental place in the Belfair WA area? Looking specifically for British Style kayaks, ie: NDK/Valley etc.

Thanks

Lila
I think you have to go to Poulsbo to find sea kayaks. Certainly nothing SW or NW of there closer.

Olympic Outdoor Center's Port Gamble shop rents all year 'round. Their other two locations, including Poulsbo, shut down rentals in winter. The nice thing is that the shop is very close to the water. Also, the Port Gamble General Store has a great restaurant.

I don't know what kayaks they use for rentals, but they sell Wilderness Systems and Necky, among others. Good selection of gear and accessories, too. Here's the link:

http://www.olympicoutdoorcenter.com/sto ... ort-gamble

pikabike said:
Olympic Outdoor Center's Port Gamble shop rents all year 'round.
You guys on the west coast don't realize how lucky you are.......here the water is 2' thick and solid.

Terry

windancer said:
pikabike said:
Olympic Outdoor Center's Port Gamble shop rents all year 'round.
You guys on the west coast don't realize how lucky you are.......here the water is 2' thick and solid.

Terry

Oh, but I do realize it, yes, indeed. I used to live in Colorado.

Gulf Coast is pretty nice, too. :cool

If you're thinking about using kayaks for SSTIKS, we can probably figure out something to get you loaners from local paddlers.

Thanks RoyN.....I am thinking about SSTIKS. Doug and I have our own SOF's we will be taking, but I am just looking out for some friends of ours who may be coming from TEXAS for SSTIKS. Your information is super helpful. Once I get confirmation that they are able to attend can I send you a pm regarding this?

Awesome help!

Lila

Back