• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

ocean Rodeo products

I use an ocean rodeo soul, I love it, they're great suits. What I like most about it though is that it's very multipurpose, I use for everything from kayaking to boating to swiftwater rescue. If you're only using it for kayaking though you may want to consider other options, a suit specifically designed for kayaking will by default be a better fit to that activity.

I've never used an Ocean Rodeo drysuit so can't comment on them. Last year/earlier this year when mec started selling Ocean Rodeo is the first time I have heard of them so I don't have any knowledge of their reputation.

In terms of your question about alternatives, I have a Kokotat Icon drysuit. I use it for whitewater and sea kayaking and have so far found it to be fantastic. Kokotat's warrenty and customer service is also great. New from Kokotat this year is their Idol model which has the zipper at the waist and therefore enables the top (and potentially bottoms) to be used separately. I've heard a rumor that Kokotat will be making the tops and bottoms from the Idol suit available seperatly which would enable you to replace only the half that has been worn out.

Back