• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Joe O paddles

Yaketyak

Paddler
Does anyone have any news on Joe o paddles? I ordered a paddle in October and it sounded like he could deliver quite quickly then he said he forgot to reinforce the tips as ordered and had to start over and now ignores my emails and phone calls.

This is a very similar experience to what I had.

Apparently, the first paddle produced had a crack in the loom, requiring the build of a whole new paddle. When I eventually received a response to my e-mails, I was informed that an e-mail had been sent some time before, explaining the situation. Who knows? Maybe I zapped the e-mail away by accident. All I know, is I never saw it.

Worst of all, when the paddle finally did arrive, I didn't like the end product. The loom has a very odd rectangular shape (with rounded edges). I've hardly even used it. One of these days, I'm going to gather up my implements of destruction and alter the shape of that thing so that it's more to my liking.

Needless to say, there hasn't been, and won't be, a second order going in that direction!

Buyer beware very poor communication still waiting for my paddle order it's been some time now, my emails are not being answered. I was told the paddle was ready 2 weeks ago but still not shipped.

Sitting there wondering what is going on, that's not really a good feeling, is it? After a bit, the cost of the purchase is irrelevant, it's so darned frustrating not being able to get an answer to a simple question.

If it's any help, my paddle did eventually arrive.

Now on the other hand, if you want a good feeling, try taking a class on paddle carving. Our club, SKABC, had a class last year, so I signed up. I wouldn't say that the paddle I made would win any awards. Still, I have been using it. I know this sounds terribly 'real estate', but there is a sense of pride in ownership when you make something like that yourself and paddle around with it.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that making a paddle is easy. It takes skill, and practice, to make a really nice paddle. But, even a cement hands like me can make a working paddle.

Give it a try, it'll be good therapy for getting over your current experience.

Thought i would give an update to those that may be interested. It took some time but i got my box set from Joe today and he threw in a pair of pogies for the delay which was a nice.

I haven't tried it yet the loom feels ok it is rectangular but no surprise there we talked about that. The size came as ordered. The paddles blades have a narrow profile so i suspect it will scull/roll well but time will tell. It is 850 grams about what i suspect slightly heavier than the lightest one I made but the blades are wider. Overall they look ok i got the box set so now i have a storm paddle and a norsaq as well.

Back