• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Freya Hoffmeister to paddle North America

Freya posted this message on Facebook this morning -- if anyone can assist, please let us know and we'll get you in touch with her. Thanks.

Does anyone have contacts of people who may be happy to assist me in my following resupply places:

Prince Rupert (CAN)
Sitka (AK)
Yakutat (AK)
Cordova (AK)
Kodiak (AK)?

I'd be more than happy about local knowledge and help!
I know the local bush drum will do the job at some point, but now I have still some time to pre-organize.

I do already have contacts in Tofino and Bella Bella.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Freya

I'm in Kodiak and could help out here. I am gone quite a bit in the summers, but might be able to set something up. I know the coastline in southcentral AK pretty well, having paddled a lot of it myself.

The city manager in Yakutat is named John and is a super nice dude and loves to help folks out. I can try to get his contact info. I used to have his business card.

It sounds like this is a multi-year effort. Who knows what the situation will be by the time she comes through, but I guess it's a start.

Cheers,
Philip

Back