• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

NIMBUS SOLANDER KEVLAR SEA KAYAK. MINT CONDITION AND MOTORIZED. GARAGE STORED. ORIG OWNER. $4500.

Lyn Hulbert

DSC05252.JPG

Years ago, I did a day paddle with a guy who had installed a trolling motor setup similar to this one, but on the bow of a single. Man! That boat could really move! He towed two of us at 2 knots, and was not at full power. His, once deployed from the cockpit, required assistance from another boat to bring his motor back up.

This installation looks to be very well done.

Yes, it can be used with or without the motor.
Not to criticize the handiwork of someone who wanted to troll with it, but my first question is, can it be made “stock” again?

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/spo/d/kevlar-sea-kayak-nimbus/6543032073.html
Not to criticize the handiwork of someone who wanted to troll with it, but my first question is, can it be made “stock” again?

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/spo/d/kevlar-sea-kayak-nimbus/6543032073.html
Hi Gary
Are you still interested? Any other questions?
Thank you,
Lyn
Yes, it can be used with or without the motor.

Why do you want to know serial number?
With reputable builders who keep records, the serial number can be used to find details about the build that the current boat owner may not know. Things like the layup (standard, lightweight, heavy/surf, etc.) and the gelcoat colours (most hulls are not white but some variant on light grey or 'cream' colour) should be in the factory database.

The Hull Identification Number code will reveal the serial number and month and year of manufacture.

And, this information also can be used to check the stolen kayak database.

So there is nothing unusual or suspicious about a buyer request for a Hull Identification Number or serial number, in my opinion. I often request that information when I'm thinking about buying a kayak.

Back