• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

SOLD! - Pygmy Arctic Tern 14 kit for sale

BlackPearl

Paddler
Arctic Tern 14 kit for sale in the Comox Valley for $450 Canadian (regular price in US dollars $999). Perfect winter project for would be diy kayak builder enthusiast. You can check out kayak details on the Pygmy website: www.pygmyboats.com.

This item is still for sale as of 08 Dec 2018!
Is it the full kit with glass and epoxy, or just the plywood parts?

The Arctic Tern 14 is a very nice boat, BTW. I built one for a friend - we went down to Pt Townsend and paddled a bunch of the boats, and it was the best of the lot for his needs - day paddling for fun.

I built one for my daughter and when paddling was no longer cool for her I used it for a play boat. It is a rock solid performer.

Is it the full kit with glass and epoxy, or just the plywood parts?

The Arctic Tern 14 is a very nice boat, BTW. I built one for a friend - we went down to Pt Townsend and paddled a bunch of the boats, and it was the best of the lot for his needs - day paddling for fun.

Thanks for the positive comments. The kit's wooden parts etc, are all there including the bits for flush hatch covers and the recessed coaming rim (at the back of the coaming). I believe all the glass is with the kit but can check. I used one of the two bottles of System Three (part B) on another project but have the bottle of resin Part A. I'm including some extra glass from another project as well; basically downsizing my workshop of kit building stuff!

Back