• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Camping on Denman and Horby

sbourgoin

Where the paddle takes me
Evening...planning a 2 night trip next weekend with 6-year old son. Leaving from Comox Marina to Fanny Bay and looking to paddle around Hornby or Denman. I figure we will camp on the east side of tree island on the first night and be able to do 25-30km on day 2 and 3. I've looked at the BC Marine Trails website for a camping spot and I am wondering if anyone knows of any beach campsites other then the 2-3 sites on the website? Are you allowed to camp on beaches or at Grassy Point?
Cheers,
Shawn

Long time Hornby Island visitor.....any camping other than the commercial sites would definitely be of the 'guerrilla camping' variety. I'd give a hard 'no' to Grassy Point, it's a very popular spot, with car access, and is bordered by private residences on both sides.

Not allowed to camp on Tree Island . Also not allowed to have fires there ... used to be a party zone ... as usual a few idiots caused the restrictions . It is an accessible gem for the residents of the Comox Valley .

Back