20 Reasons not to go to the Deer Group

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Dan_Millsip, Aug 3, 2007.

1. DarrenM

DarrenM Paddler

As long as they don't mess with my inukshuk! :wink:

See ya next week :D

I have an Oregonian sleeping in my office :shock:

2. mikec

mikec Paddler

i'm heading out there the 2nd week of october, can't wait! these pics have done nothing but further wet my proverbial appetite!

dan, you are one talented photographer. i wish i had the patience to practice and learn this stuff! i am almost completely photo-less on my trips..

3. Astoriadave

Astoriadave Paddler

mike, word from the native caretakers on Diana was: no bears on islands farther out than Robbers Passage, but definitely present on Tzartus. This conforms to what I have experienced over the years.

In addition, they had to to shoot one that was habitually breaking into a cabin on VI, near Bamfield, this summer.

Surprisingly, they claim no raccoons on Diana, which fits with my experience, also. Mink hassled some of our tin cans left out overnight to "air," however.

4. KingstonMike

KingstonMike New Member

Well, your FIRST mistake was taking along those plastic butt-buckets, rather than the real deal for paddling, canoes......
    :eek:

Add me to the list of the EXTREMELY jealous...

And tell your daughter she's got a real purty brace.....lol

5. Little Lizzy

Little Lizzy New Member

Fabulous report! My husband and I are planning a Deer Group trip later this year. We may now have to reconsider as this place sounds awful. Thank you for the warning. :wink:

6. Tootsall

Tootsall Paddler

Lizzy, he did post that in 2007: maybe things have changed for the better since then.

7. magnus

magnus New Member

Wow, the DG was on my places to paddle 'wish list' but now that I know there's all those horrible white sandy beaches, nope, who needs that mess!!! :mrgreen: