• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

2015 WCP Spring Campout - NEW DATE!

I would really like to go.
Don't know if I'd be ready in time, with all the gear I still need.
Plus I think I should be able to confidently nail a roll-over before I go anywhere, much more efficient than performing a self rescue.
But I would like to go...

Tiger Tsunami.

Hey Tsunami,
You definitely don't need a roll to go out to Portland. I am planning on going, live in Langford, and have room for another boat on my Jeep, as Andrea (better half) is booked up at work, and cannot make it. I would be happy to have a partner to paddle out with. I also have some gear you can borrow, if needed. You would only need a tent, sleeping bag, and personal stuff, ( I have two extra sleeping pads, if you need one) . I usually drag enough kitchen stuff for two, as it is little more than for one, you just bring what you want to eat, and set!
Anyway, PM if interested, my plan is for a Saturday early 9ish AM launch from Amherst beach, about 6 miles to camp. could be a teeny, fun touch of current, depends on route, but avoidable also.

It is always a fun time, and we are all kayakers, so lots to see and learn, and of course, the Potluck Dinner, a la Pavilion. :big_thumb

Rodnak Kayak said:
Hey Tsunami,
You definitely don't need a roll to go out to Portland. I am planning on going, live in Langford, and have room for another boat on my Jeep, as Andrea (better half) is booked up at work, and cannot make it. I would be happy to have a partner to paddle out with. I also have some gear you can borrow, if needed. You would only need a tent, sleeping bag, and personal stuff, ( I have two extra sleeping pads, if you need one) . I usually drag enough kitchen stuff for two, as it is little more than for one, you just bring what you want to eat, and set!
Anyway, PM if interested, my plan is for a Saturday early 9ish AM launch from Amherst beach, about 6 miles to camp. could be a teeny, fun touch of current, depends on route, but avoidable also.

It is always a fun time, and we are all kayakers, so lots to see and learn, and of course, the Potluck Dinner, a la Pavilion. :big_thumb

PM sent :D

Ok Guys and Gals! Bring CASH to campout! Raffle tiks for a great cause.
See Poster attached.
Great prizes, very paddle orientated. We will have them available at a good number of Vet Clinics, some Petfood stores(see link to Wild ARC website on poster for full list) in the Victoria area, and also at Selkirk Water Festival Saturday May 23, and of course at MEC Paddlefest July 18, at Willows Beach, where we will do the draw.
If any mainlanders want to get some, just PM me, and we can do something through me. Of course, if anyone wants tiks from this group, you can PM me to get a-hold of a few, nice prizes, especially the Arctic Tern! All for $2 bucks!
I will have plenty on hand at WCP Campout though! Did I already mention that? :wink:

I hope the Admin here sees this as OK, it is for a great cause, and is kinda synergistic to what we all do, paddle in the wild, seeing animals that are NOT endangered, and helping stewards of this nature. :mrgreen:

I am also posting this as it's own topic.

Well even I can afford a ticket for that :)

Further to my needing to acquire some kayak camping gear; I saw online a "cleaning out my storage bin, kayak /camping gear", one day only garage sale this morning (Sunday) at 8am :)
Managed to pick up a KOKATAT Polartec drysuit liner,
Polartec sweat pants,
North Face Polarguard 3D Goliath sleeping bag w/ old school compression bag,
MSR MiniWorks Water Filter,
Two older and well used vented triangular drybags,
A pair of Thule roof rack cross bars with shoes and locks, the shoes don't mount properly to the rails on my Outback but hopefully I can find some used.

I have to say I made out pretty well. Seemed like nice people, just getting rid of stuff they don't use any more. I am pretty happy with the deals I got :D
Still need to drag my old tent from storage and set it up to see if any parts are missing.
So with the generous offer of a ride and a paddle partner it looks like I am going :big_thumb

Tiger Tsunami.

Re: 2015 WCP Spring Campout

CAMP OUT 2.0 DETAILS

June 12-14

Portland Island, Arbutus Point

Potluck on Saturday night

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUmP!

And it is my birthday weekend, so every person can bring CAKE to the potluck. :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

No rain, no raccoons!

Re: 2015 WCP Spring Campout

SheilaP said:
CAMP OUT 2.0 DETAILS

June 12-14

Portland Island, Arbutus Point

Potluck on Saturday night

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUmP!

And it is my birthday weekend, so every person can bring CAKE to the potluck. :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

No rain, no raccoons!

SheilaP,
I'm afraid the closest edible substance I can provide is Twinkies. I mean I could make something like a cake, wont look like a cake, chances are it wont taste much like cake either.
So were all better off with twinkies, their kinda like cake, sorta...
Or King Dongs, perhaps better, their chocolate ;)
Next question, one box or two?...

Tiger Tsunami.

Twinkies and King Dongs! (Are the seriously called King Dongs?!?!? :doh: )

How about one of each to suit all tastes. :big_thumb :big_thumb

Game on!!!

Robyn and I will be heading there on Thursday evening (6pmish out of Sidney somewhere) to make it a long weekend of festive fun! Who coming???? Who's bringing what for potluck on Saturday night??? Should I bring scallops and bacon or is that just a stupid question???

Gecko

I am aiming to launch Friday mid-day. I plan on catching the flood. Might be real fun if the NW winds blow up early. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Who's in? Who's out? Who's on the proverbial fence? :mrgreen:

We are in! Thinking of a really early launch to experience the early morning sunrise.
Scallops and bacon are being prepped tonight.

Was looking good until, my mom fell and cracked 4 ribs and punctured a lung. Fun and no games at my house now......... I need a sitter so I can go kayaking!!

Jill said:
Was looking good until, my mom fell and cracked 4 ribs and punctured a lung. Fun and no games at my house now......... I need a sitter so I can go kayaking!!

Sorry to hear this Jill. Hope your mom heals quickly and isn't in too much pain. OUCH!

Back