• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

2nd Annual WCP Spring Get Together

This mark has the Inukshuk :D

So when is everyone planning on heading over? I am planning on leaving early Sat. morning or I see some people are leaving late friday I am up for that ( like catching the 5 ish ferry) but as there are no signs saying which way to paddle and i have no GPS can't do that on my own.
And as for the return trip I am planning on being back on the mainland by 7pm on Sunday.

looks like the potluck is going to be a feast to remember! I'll be bringing dessert!

As long as the conditions aren't too rough.... Myself, Sushi, my friend John, and I think Andreas are planning on heading over Thursday around 4:30

waverider said:
I am planning on leaving early Sat. morning or I see some people are leaving late friday I am up for that ( like catching the 5 ish ferry) but as there are no signs saying which way to paddle and i have no GPS can't do that on my own.

Mick is planning to catch the 7pm ferry on Friday; you might consider hooking up with him for the paddle over. I'm already going to be doing the trip to Portland and back twice on Friday, but if I feel up to it, I'll do the trip a third time for a little night paddling adventure. I don't imagine I'd be the only one up for a moonlight paddle. :wink:

hey thanks, guys!

Thanks so much for emptying your boats over on portland so you can come back and carry some of my gear for me!!

I'll be hitting the 7pm ferry for sure.

(I missed it last time and had to take the 9pm - but the weather was great and so was the paddling. It was just so cool to see the camp lites in the distance when i got partway around the island - but that was about 1:30 am!!)

this time will be a little earlier - but save a couple of trees for me to hang from!

Hey guys....I hate to say it but it looks like I'm not going to be able to make it :cry: . I'm having some ongoing complications from my accident. Had hoped that I was going to be ready to go in time, but it ain't going to happen. Will touch base about a possible cheeseburger rendezvous on Saturday :p

last time i shaved was about 4 weeks ago...... i should be fine for this weekend :wink:

radio? darren,why do you need a radio?

did anyone have a look at the forcast yet? who is bringing a tarp? i will bring my hex fly from the hennessy hammock (8'x8').

how mutch is the overnight fee right now? does anyone know?

I plan on bringing a few tarps, and a radio so I can listen to the hockey game.(quietly...don't want to offend anyone)

Forecast calls for rain, but so what... its just water, after all kayaking is a water sport :wink:[/i]

Oh, we'll have a tarp alright. Just wait till you see this thing! :lol:

I'll also bring a 10x20 silnylon tarp and a smaller MEC Scout tarp. But, the island is in a rain shadow - clear skies all around! :D

We'll probably pay the same amount we usually do. :wink: I think the nightly per-person camping fee is $4.95 - make sure you bring exact change. :roll:

andreas said:
did anyone have a look at the forcast yet? who is bringing a tarp?

We've got it covered (well, 2 picnic tables for a kitchen area anyway):

pavilion.jpg

I've got a couple of MEC Guide Tarps and I know that a few others that are coming have them as well. Between us all, we should be able to cover most of the campground.

I understand that the weather has already been arranged...we don't need any tarps....
Thanks anyway! :lol:

Back