2nd Annual WCP Spring Get Together

Discussion in 'General Paddling Discussions' started by Dan_Millsip, Jan 29, 2007.

1. andreas

andreas Paddler

oh man that sucks--big time!

ok, maybe that will help:
    give your self a overdose vitamin c--i'm not kiddin! get the powderform, it is super sour but if you take half a tea spoon in a glass of water every two hours then i promise you that you will be ok for at least saturday!!!! don't stick to citrus fruits--not enough vitamin c and a waste of money--get the powder. if you can't get out of the house, let me know and i can bring you some.

the next thing i always take is lots and lots of fresh gingerwater. get fresh ginger, slice it really thin and put it in boiling water.

ok, now get on to it so you can join us!!!!!!!

i bet you will make it for saturday! :twisted:

2. Mark_Schilling

Mark_Schilling Paddler

Sending you a PM.

3. Robert_Meier

Robert_Meier Paddler

4. Houston

Houston Paddler

This is my first post, as I registered yesterday, and I'm super jealous of everyone going on the weekend, hopefully you all have a good time, and I can join you next year!

But the Vitamin powder I use when I'm sick is called 'Emergen-C' and you can get it at health food places, or Capers. It comes in different flavors... none taste good, but they do the trick.

Garlic pills, or the clove, is also a huge boost to your immune system. I take 2, 2 times a day and even with a weak immune system, I rarely get sick.

Have fun!

5. Mark_Schilling

Mark_Schilling Paddler

Right you are, Robert. User fees can be a controvercial subject, but I'd be willing to bet that the majority of visitors to these campsites don't pay unless they're approached by the Parks Canada people. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just that I think that's the way it is.

Houston, welcome to the site, and thanks for the suggestions! I'm overdosing on C tablets, I'm just preparing my 3rd liter of tea for the day 8O and I'm starting to feel better already (at least that's what I'm telling myself!). Hope to see you all out there, somehow!

6. Helen

Helen Paddler

Just thought I'd check in...
    Mark, Andreas suggestion of Vit. C in powder form is good and don't drown yourself in that tea 8O
    Andreas, you can fill up your water from Jolie's tanks all weekend and not make a dint in our supply, honest!
    I'm going to Fujiya to get Sushiy's beef in a moment and throw it in my freezer.
    and then home to pack I guess.

Re my kids :? Lucas is staying home to renovate with his Dad (my ex)and Amy is going to join us on Saturday a.m. because she has her best friend's birthday party on Friday evening. The invite arrived on Monday. We're working to find a way to get her to Portland somehow on Saturday a.m.

One more sleep!!

7. Matt

Matt Paddler

For Mark: Though probably not as popular, a glass of brandy at bedtime will help you sleep. Just be sure to keep up on liquids (water, etc.) too.

For everyone else: I am very jealous, but will try to make next years' trip with at least one, or up to four, of my daughters.

Matt

8. andreas

andreas Paddler

ok, i'm leaving my house in 10 minutes :D

see you guys there!

good to know about the water! thanks helen!

9. Robert_Meier

Robert_Meier Paddler

Wish I was leaving now! But I'll see you guys tomorrow. Looks like the weather's clearing a bit. :D

10. Dan_Millsip

Dan_Millsip Paddler & Admin

Wait Andreas! There's something really important that you need to know before you go.

Oh, never mind. :lol:

11. Mark_Schilling

Mark_Schilling Paddler

A whole glass of brandy? I probably wouldn't wake up before the weekend was over! But thanks for the tips, everyone - feeling better already.

12. Matt

Matt Paddler

I suppose you could do a whole glass, but two fingers' worth should work. :oops:

13. Dan_Millsip

I've got six shiny Werner Paddles that I'm bringing if anyone wants to try one over the weekend.

One more sleep! :D

14. waverider

waverider Paddler

Hey Dan your still here? i thought you left all ready! I will love to try one of those paddles out :D

Did you see I my responce to your question above, and that I am bringing a dessert and salad ?

when are you going to leave dan?

15. Dan_Millsip

Nope, still here. Leaving tomorrow afternoon.

I've updated the first post with your pot luck contribution. Thanks.

16. Andy_Ferguson

Andy_Ferguson Paddler

You all have fun this weekend! I'm jealous.

On a positive note; a moose had to be rescued from a nearby lake after crashing through the ice so I should be on the water in a month or so. :roll:

17. Dave_Barrie

Dave_Barrie Paddler

Had a call from Darren a little while ago......he, Andreas, Sushiy and Johnathon were setting up camp. Sounds like steak for dinner. No one else there other than the birders.

18. waverider

waverider Paddler

Mmmmmm, steak,

cool , weather co-operating at all?

19. Kasey

Kasey Paddler

Candi and I are leaving Kelowna at 8:15 or so in the morning...can't wait! See some of you at the 2:00 ferry! Forecast looks like better weather on Portland on the weekend than Kelowna!
    Hope you're feeling better in the morning Mark!
    Kathy

20. Robert_Meier

Robert_Meier Paddler

That's what I'm having for dinner tomorrow evening too! Mmmmm! 8)