Angus Rowboats- feedback or experiences

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by eriktheviking, Jan 19, 2015.

1. eriktheviking

eriktheviking Paddler

I know Colin and Julie Angus have made several presentations that have been discussed on the board, but I have not seen any feedback on the rowing craft they sell: http://angusrowboats.com/boats.html. I am seriously tempted by the Cambridge Racer, though unsure how I would fit in a 23 foot long craft anywhere in my house. Has anyone here had a chance to row some of these, or better yet, build and row one?

2. mick_allen

mick_allen Paddler & Moderator

It's too bad you haven't gotten more feedback on this. I also haven't been in one, but I think they're all great and I hope to see loads more of rowing craft like Angus' out there.
    If I was to guess, I'd say all their boats are tried and well tested, espec. as they both seem to have loads of open water rowing experience that would guide their designs to approaches that will work. Surprisingly, in addition, they're gentle to the eye and would be an aesthetic pleasure both using or paddling beside.

In your case the only thing I would be careful of is that they are both compact and slender in stature whereas I am not sure you'd fit the same description.

But other than that, I want to see more rowing, sailing, and paddling craft out and about. What the heck is the point of setting up a massive Marine Trail Network for small beachable craft if they're not out there to justify it's existence! WestCoastPaddler! WestCoastRower! WestCoastBeachableSailor! WestCoastCanoer! yay!

3. JohnAbercrombie

JohnAbercrombie Paddler

:big_thumb :big_thumb :big_thumb

4. eriktheviking

eriktheviking Paddler

That was very delicately put. I was joking when out XC skiing- I may not have the highest speed but I'm pretty sure I have the highest momentum.