Breakfast Televison Saluted a Young Vancouver Paddler

Discussion in 'General Paddling Discussions' started by Tatlow, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Tatlow

Tatlow Paddler

Dan, any idea who this lass of high school age might be...she paddles, built her own wooden kayak, wrestles, dances, and volunteers for a raft of activities...a real up and coming citizen of the future.... :clap:

2. Jurfie

Jurfie Paddler

3. west_coast_russ

west_coast_russ Paddler

I have to agree - way to go Maddie! Sadly there was no mention of her baking abilities - which was sorely missed at the WCP spring camp out!

4. Tootsall

Tootsall Paddler

"Plus 1" on the praise. She must have very proud parents.

5. Dan_Millsip

Dan_Millsip Paddler & Admin

Yeah, yeah, just another day in the life of Maddie. :wink:

All kidding aside, Maddie's Mom and I are extremely proud of Maddie and her accomplishments -- she works hard for everything she has.

6. Maddie

Maddie Paddler

Thank you so much everyone.

I am very lucky to have parents that are so dedicated to mine and my brother and sister's passions. Their care and support is endless in everything that we do.

I am also very grateful to have a school principal who cares so much about our school, supporting all the teams, clubs, and programs that we have. She is a generous woman who has supported all of my wrestling, and she was the one who nominated me for Breakfast Television's segment.

Every day holds so much potential when you have incredible, supportive people helping you along the way.

Thank you.