Brooks Paddle Gear

Discussion in 'General Paddling Discussions' started by Layback, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Layback

Layback Paddler

Maybe this has already been covered and I am just late to the party. If so, I apologize.

Brooks has an announcement up on their website (http://www.brookspaddlegear.com/) stating that they are going to be getting out of the paddle sports business. They will be carrying on the diving related business in a new location.

Would the last Canadian paddle sports business out the door please remember to turn out the light!

I guess it's a good thing I bought that Brooks solid rubber rand spray skirt last month before they are all gone.

2. Yeti

Yeti Paddler

Have to say I was more than a little disappointed with a recent purchase from Brooks - all items were actually made in China (from the label), reeked like an overseas container shipment, and did not fit either boat at all. Not what I expected at all.

3. VanIslePaddler

VanIslePaddler Paddler

My first skirt of my 'own' was a Brooks. It was a good skirt and lasted me several years.

I've been through many skirts since.

TODAY, I received, what I guess will be my final skirt from Brooks. A DuraDeck whitewater skirt (for sea kayaking). I ordered it a couple days before the closure was announced.

Thanks Brooks, for many years of good products!