• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Building a Koaster

Tangler

Paddler
I have been having a lot of trouble finding a Mariner Coaster to buy so I have decided to take the radical step of starting my own kayak building company, "Marinades" to produce them, based here in Canada.
I will be building a few models to start:
Koasters, much to the joy of surf kayakers everywhere.
Macks, a "standard" type touring kayak. (not that there is anything standard about these boats)
Espresso, a more sporty touring type.
The boats will, of course, come in a variety of layups, from bombproof to nano carbon lite.

Once established we will design some new boats, probably a sweet 20/20 for the racing crowd that does not need a rudder thus saving pesky drag, and a double that actually turns (The "Double double"?) and doesn't feel like a bathtub.

I hope to start discussions with the Broze bros once I win Wednesday's lottery.
If there is anyone out there who would like to invest in Marinade Kayaks then please PM me (it would also be useful if you knew something about building boats, because I don't).

Cheers, Tangler.

And there are 3 build options, too: strip, S&G regular ckpt, and S&G dropped ckpt!
3buildhumour.jpg

Droll's not bad! - certainly it's for my curiosity and amusement: ie, a schematic with some sketch s&g derivatives for interest.

Back