• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Chocolate fondue

WGalbraith

Paddler
Just learned this one on the Bowron Lakes. It is a real treat at the end of the day and can be a lot of fun with a group or as a kayaking potluck desert addition.

Ingredients: 6 squares of Bakers Premium Dark chocolate, 3-4 oz. heavy cream or whipping cream.( Found in a pull tab tin) Canned or fresh pineapple, mandarin oranges, bananas, apple, grapes, oranges, strawberries.
Chop the fruit into bite sized pieces.

Assign a twig or fork to each person.

Create a double boiler by nesting your smallest metal pot or bowl inside a larger one that has a few oz of water in it. Heat on high as you add the chocolate to the smaller pot, stirring in small amounts of cream to make a liquid dip for the fruit. Lower the heat to barely simmering or place near the fire to keep the chocolate soft.

Dip away .
It is fun if its your turn for dishes because the pot must be cleaned before washing.

You got my attention with the word "chocolate".

WGalbraith said:
3-4 oz. heavy cream or whipping cream.( Found in a pull tab tin).

Do you mean "sweetened condensed milk" (Eagle Brand is the big name)? It's quite thick and gloopy, not the same thing as the evaporated milk many people use for coffee. It's the only milk I can think of that comes in a pull tab tin, usually 10 fl oz. If you mean actual cream, where do you get it? I'd like it for my coffee!

Jacquie

It comes in a 170 ml. tin and is called "Thick Cream". It is made by Carnation and is found in the same section as the Condensed milk. Had a fondue tonight at home with grapes, pineapple chunks, apple slices, orange pieces and strawberries. It was as good as sitting by the fire at Helby Island.

Back