Chris Lockyer Kayak Clinics May 25, 26 & 27 Victoria BC

Discussion in 'General Paddling Discussions' started by SheilaP, May 17, 2013.

1. SheilaP

SheilaP Paddler

Hosted by SISKA (South Island Sea Kayaking Association):

Chris Lockyer is coming! Clinics NOW open to the public!! Just a few spaces to fill.

Did you miss out on the symposium registration, or are you celebrating the spring season and wanting to work with amazing North American Coaches? SISKA is offering pre-symposium clinics with East Coast kayak coach Christopher Lockyer. Each day long clinic costs only $70. I paddled with Chris in Nova Scotia last spring. He helped me revive my passion for kayaking and coached in a way that helped me get past a few technical blocks I had!

MAY 25
    AM: Power and Efficiency for the Comfortable Paddler
    PM: Stability and control for the Comfortable Paddler

MAY 26
    AM: Power and Efficiency for the Comfortable Intermediate Paddler
    PM: Stability and control for the Comfortable Intermediate Paddler

MAY 27
    Lumpy bumpy play for the really Comfortable Intermediate Paddler

Christopher is the driving force behind the Bay of Fundy Sea Kayak Symposium and the founder of the Atlantic Paddle Symposium. He has been paddling since the early nineties in locations as far away as the UK, New Zealand, Iceland, Norway as well as countless places in North America. A graduate of Acadia University with a degree in Recreation Management, Chris is currently the owner of Committed to the Core Sea Kayak Sea Kayak Coaching. http://www.committed2thecore.com. His passion is getting people out onto the sea and using the conditions and natural environment for them to reach their potential and personal goals. He is a aspirant Level 5 British Canoe Union Coach and Paddle Canada Level 4 Instructor and an Instructor Trainer. Sponsors: P&H Pro sea kayak team member, Kokatat Watersports regional representative and Lendal paddles. He works as a GIS tech as a day job.

Come on out and Get ‘er Done! Please contact sheilp@shaw.ca to sign up for the clinic of your choice, or post questions here. Register fast as spaces are very limited!