• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Current Designs - Hatch Strap Tensioner

Geoff

Paddler
I have a slightly older current designs Solstice GT and one of the plastic bits used to tension the hatch straps broke.

Anyone have tips on what this part is referred to and where I might pick up a replacement?

Many thanks!
-Geoff

Attachments

• 2020-08-19 11.11.35.jpg
    2020-08-19 11.11.35.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 255
  • 2020-08-19 11.11.41.jpg
    2020-08-19 11.11.41.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 219
The mec ones also look the ticket but I believe I need 0.75" / 19mm which they don't appear to stock :(

I used to use those but not anymore so may still have a whole bunch left over somewhere. Will check width and if you wish you can have a few for free.

Reactions: AM
I used to use those but not anymore so may still have a whole bunch left over somewhere. Will check width and if you wish you can have a few for free.

Exceedingly kind of you to offer! I was hoping to get it fixed up before the weekend though and am on the Island. I'll take a crack at a couple local spots but will let you know if I fail to find anything.

Jeune Bros on Johnson St was the ticket. They had a nicely organized wall of various strap bits including what I needed.

Thanks all for the various suggestions, we most helpful.

Back