Digital Cameras for Kayaking and other times...

Discussion in 'Paddling Photography' started by oldsailor, Jun 24, 2008.

1. TIMAX

TIMAX Paddler

Very Happy with my little Olympus 1030 SW also. Better than I thought it would be. For you DSLR users here I also just bought a canon 5d mk 2 which is also better than I thought it would be

2. oldsailor

oldsailor Paddler

I'm thinking that we might find some serious bargains on the 'net right after Christmas. I'm going to hold off and see what develops. (So to speak!)

Craig

3. andreas

andreas Paddler

Update on my Olympus Stylus 850 SW I bought two weeks ago:

The indoor picture quality compared to my Canon S1 is poor!
    The outside shots are great IF you select the right setting...

Videos are.... alright, but far from great.
    Below you will find a clip I took today.

Would I recommend it? I don't know... I guess not :shock: Will I return it? No. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on something that could get "beat" up while camping... therefore this is the only waterproof camera available for me.

Taken with a tripod
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VuEA8crvwkY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VuEA8crvwkY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4. waverider

waverider Paddler

Andreas, first sorry you are not happy with your new camera ( I was looking at picking the same model up)

You say you do not want to spend a lot of money on something that will get "beat up".
    I also see you paid around the $230 mark for it, well I just picked up a Pentex Optio w60 for a little bit more then that, tested it out today and am very happy with the quality of the shots. It has 10 mega pixals , wide angle lens, 5x zoom and of coarse it is waterproof/ dustproof.
    London Drugs has it on sale ( hmmm, I think the sale was on till today)

Just a thought.

5. B1200

B1200 Paddler

I was just wondering if I could transport my Canon 40D safely. Thanks for this!