Dripping Drysuit

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by SheilaP, Feb 14, 2012.

1. SheilaP

SheilaP Paddler

Fed up with my drysuit and PFD dripping on the floor, or pulling down the showerhead in the middle of the night, Sheila P comes up with the 5 minute, no tools required solution. :mrgreen: The string is high enough to just leave it there too. :big_thumb Dry gear, dry floor, happy paddler.

Attached Files:

2. Jurfie

Jurfie Paddler

Neat idea. I have a spare shower rod across the centre of the tub, above head-height (though it is in the main bathroom shower, which never gets used for anything other than drying gear!). It is one of those twist-to-extend rods, so it would come out easily if I wanted. It hasn't fallen yet.

I too used to hang on the shower head and have been roused from a slumber when it inevitably falls in the middle of the night. :wink:

3. blondie

blondie Paddler

We use one of those extra rods too. Works well.

4. SheilaP

SheilaP Paddler

I didn't think a rod would stay up on the slippery tiles. I might try that - could always support it with the ropes. :doh:

5. nick

nick Paddler

We've actually built a dry room which is in the garage. Low heat with a fan going and everything is nice and dry, than hung and shelved in the kayak room.

6. blondie

blondie Paddler

I used the tension rod on tiles in my previous apartment. You do want to be careful about drying the tile before setting it up, and then make sure that it is a tight fit. Then I would try to hang the heavier items (ie drysuit) closer to either end and the lighter ones in the middle. But it sounds like your string is working for you anyhow.

7. Jacquot

Jacquot Paddler

Can you see me turning green? I know many people have a garage but a "kayak room"?

Jacquie

8. Dan_Millsip

Dan_Millsip Paddler & Admin

I have a "kayak house" (at least for a few days after returning from a trip :oops: ).