All the kayak drysuit tests I've heard about have involved partially filling the suit with water and looking for leaks. Or wading into a lake and then looking for wet spots on clothes. I've tried the water thing and it can work but it is non-trivial to do. If you look online, there are youtube videos of divers doing leak tests with compressed air and soap/water sprays. I tried this and it worked great. Materials: neck plug (empty javex bleach plastic bottle) wrist plugs (Nalgene 250 ml container) 1 schrader valve stem (ask your local bike shop for a discarded tube) car or bicycle pump elastic bands or 1/8" bungy cord spray bottle with soap/water mix (50/50 ?) small paintbrush 1/2" or 1" drill & bits (21/64") old shower curtain The easiest way to get a schrader valve stem is to cut one out of a discarded bicycle tire tube. I got one at my local bike shop for free when I was buying some brake pads. I cut a 1.5" diameter cycle around the stem and glued it into a wrist plug. I had some extra pvc parts around so I used 1.5" pvc tubing & cap. I drilled a 21/64" hole in the pvc cap & put the valve in. For my initial test I didn't glue the valve or the pvc tube to the pvc cap. The 1.5" pvc tube was a bit small for the wrist gasket, but stretching the gasket over the cap gave a good seal and I didn't need the bungy/elastic. I did bungy the neck seal and one wrist. I did not put elastic on the other wrist - allowing it to be a pressure release. Turn the suit inside out and lay it on the shower curtain. Put in the wrist plugs. Put the neck plug inside the suit and then do up the zippers. I had to reach in through the neck to do up the zip. Then pull the neck plug into place (the bleach container has a loop to grab!). Attach the pump and start pumping - it took forever - I should have looked for a car pump or at least a larger diameter bike pump. When the suit is rigid you can start spraying. Start with the seams as they are the usual source of a leak. Painting the soap solution helps it cover pinholes. Pump more air in as needed. You might want to mark holes with a sharpie but I just wrote down a description. I found half a dozen leaks in about a half hour. Wash the soap off and let the suit dry before patching. Small holes can be patched with a small dab of aquaseal but larger ones need some kind of seam tape. MEC used to sell seam tape but don't seem to have any now. If you know of a source, please let me know. This method was quite convenient. No wrestling with a suit partially full of water. I'd say you can get a better pinpoint location with the soap bubbles than you can with a water test.