drytop fit

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by scottlong, May 5, 2011.

1. scottlong

scottlong New Member

I'm seeking a bit of advice. I currently have on my kitchen table a small and medium kokotat rogue dry top. I'm 5'7 but a rail, 115lbs. The small seems to fit well, not too baggy. I can get the outer cuff to pull a bit if I reach up and over my head like I'm trying to touch my opposite ear, maybe an inch at most. I don't think this will be an issue? The medium doesn't pull at all, but it is baggy in the body on me. The website says err on the larger size. Anyone have advice on fit for less than perfect physique? Is it better to have some interior volume for breathability?

Thanks
    Scott

2. scott_f

scott_f Paddler

Hard to say without seeing it on you, but be sure to put on some layers when trying the top on. I have a Helix (the non-gortex version) and in the winter I'll often wear 2 sweatshirts, merino and neoprene under the drytop.

3. Jurfie

Jurfie Paddler

Haha! I have a "less than perfect physique"...used to be rail-skinny, but then my age caught up with my metabolism, so I'm a little softer around the edges now... :? :wink:

I'd err on the larger size, leaving room for insulation layers, as scott_f suggests.

4. WaterMark

WaterMark Paddler

When buying my dry-top, the L fit me perfectly. The salesperson talked me into getting an XL. I'm glad I did. It's nice to have full mobility and space to have extra layers. The extra space disappears once I put on my PFD.

5. scottlong

scottlong New Member

Thanks for the advice. I tried them on again today, still on the fence but leaning towards the medium based on advice here. I measured myself based on kokotats site, came up all small except in height which I was over by an inch. I added some layers, felt like there was enough space in the small, but quite a struggle to get it off! I guess I just have to develop the technique. I think what bothers me about the medium is the extra material in front of the armpit area. Its probably a non issue though. Where is your bellybutton relative to the elasticized 'belt' supposed to be? mine was just below the top in the small, just above with the medium. Sorry for all the questions, this is my first drytop.

Thanks