• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

evening paddle around Trial Island

inpayne

Paddler
Me and Mark Schiling just had a perfectly calm trip around Trial Island. Other than a warm breeze, flat calm, and minor rapids., the only thing of note -- after-work evening paddles are back! :p Thanks, Mark!

Yeah, good to get out for a quick splash after a busy week. I've never seen the water around Trial so calm - it was an absolute duck pond!

After leaving Robin to head back to the car, I decided I wasn't quite done yet, so I paddled a little farther, around the corner to Gonzales Bay and then a little further to Ross Bay. Gonzales Bay was absolutely packed - skim-boarders everywhere, and a few people taking a daring wade on a warm spring evening. On the way back I was hugging the shoreline and stumbled upon a family of 4 river otters scampering along the rocks, about 10 feet from me. Quite cool. 8)

Evening paddles are definitely something I'll be doing a bit more of now that the temperatures have started to increase and there's lots of evening light!

Back