Fair Harbour Marina

Discussion in 'General Paddling Discussions' started by Gecko Paddler, May 1, 2014.

1. Gecko Paddler

Gecko Paddler Paddler

Hi all,

I am trying to contact the Swan Song Marina in Fair Harbour but their listed telephone number (250) 830-2230 goes to voice mail which is full. I did find an email address on an older Facebook page for the marina but haven't had a response yet.

Does anyone have other methods of contacting the marina?

Thanks

Mark

2. M2G

M2G Paddler

From the sound of this taken from this page: http://www.vancouverisland.com/regions/ ... ownID=4018 …perhaps the Marina shut down.

"Fair Harbour offers no services, other than a government dock, a rough boat launch ramp and a Forest Service campsite. It has 15 campsites with fire pits, picnic tables and outhouses. There is no drinking water nearby. There is an on-site caretaker during the summer months."

"Fishing Story Charters" might be able to offer more info since they operate in that area. (855) 598-7868

3. Mark_Schilling

Mark_Schilling Paddler

The 'marina' office is not much more than a double-wide trailer that serves as an office, hardware/tackle shop, and home for the native family that runs it. In the summer there's a fair amount of activity between boats and trailers moving around, loading and unloading, but this time of year I don't imagine there's a lot going on yet - they may even live elsewhere in the winter (this is still VERY early season for water activities on the West Coast of the island). Keep trying the number you have, I suppose, or some of the people on this site might be able to answer questions about what's there etc.

4. Gecko Paddler

Gecko Paddler Paddler

Good points ...thanks! Another option is touching base with the water taxi operator our group has arranged for our trip as he probably knows the operators of the marina. I'll post an update once I make contact with the marina.

Mark

5. Gatewayto Kyuquot

Gatewayto Kyuquot New Member

Hi Mark!

I just found your post and I am not sure if you have already come through Fair Harbour. My name is Gwen and I am the site supervisor here. Fair Harbour is operating. We have a little store, fuel dock, boat launch, and a Gorgeous Campsite. Fair Harbour has definitely had had a rough few years on an operational level, but I have been here since May long weekend (2014) and we are working to turn things around and I think we are finally winning! The campsite is beautiful and we have staff here from 8am- 8pm every day.

Our phone does not always work too well, but the number you had was correct (250-380-2230).
    We also have an e-mail: fairharbourmarina@gmail.com (works better than the phone) and you can find us on faceboook at Fair Harbour Marina and Campground. We also have a little website that is still a work in progress: http://gatewaytokyuquot.com/

We are here to help if you need anything, and please contact me directly if you have any questions or need any further information!

All the best,
    Gwen Donaldson
    Fair Harbour Marina and Campground

6. Gecko Paddler

Gecko Paddler Paddler

:) Hi Gwen,

I probably have already spoken to you by telephone and confirmed our reservations for camping on the 12th (3 tents) and then leave our (3) vehicles until the 22nd. It is my first time paddling in the area and I am looking forward to seeing you folks at the marina / campground. See you next week!

Thanks

Mark Byrne

7. Gatewayto Kyuquot

Gatewayto Kyuquot New Member

Hi Mike! Yup! We have you reserved and ready to go! Looking forward to seeing you! Kayaking has been fantastic around here! Lots of glass balls being found lately!

See you next week!
    Gwen