For sale: Formula Cadence with gear; Werner Ikelos 210 bent

Discussion in 'WCP Buy & Sell' started by Mark_Schilling, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Mark_Schilling

Mark_Schilling Paddler

Another one of my friends has decided to sell his boat. Hopefully that's not a reflection on the quality of my company while paddling!

Anyway, Brad is selling his Formula Cadence. It's a British style skeg boat, 17'10" length x 22.5" width. This boat has a white hull and yellow deck, with a red (or dark orange) seam and cockpit. I believe it's now sold under the Impex label as an Assateague. It handles similarly to the NDK Explorer, although it's slightly higher volume and about an inch wider. A great boat for touring but it 'plays' well too - responds very nicely to edging and even surfs well for a boat of this length. Very similar to the Explorer in many ways. This boat is in great shape, kept in a dry storage area out of UV. You can see the specs here:

http://www.impexkayak.com/assateague.html

A few photos:

It's the one on the left.
    [​IMG]

Now it's the one on the right.
    [​IMG]

It's the same boat as seen in this gallery from South Clayoquot Sound.

The boat is located in Delta - email or PM me and I'll put you in touch with Brad. He's asking $2000 for the boat with a pump, cockpit cover, Carlisle carbon two-piece adjustable-length paddle, and I'm sure he must have a good quality (Brooks if I recall correctly - I forgot to ask him!) neoprene spray deck for it as well. Brad is about 5'11 210 lbs (I reserve the right to edit this!) and the boat fits him perfectly. If you're a similar size, I'm sure you'll be able to get a deal on his wetsuit, PFD and dry-top as well!

Brad also bought a new Werner Ikelos bent-shaft paddle for it and has never used it (he's a pilot and is gone for months at a time, so he never got a chance to try out his new paddle!). We believe it's a 210cm; he's asking $300 with a North Water paddle bag. It literally has never seen the water. A great deal on a brand new paddle!

2. SheilaP

SheilaP Paddler

Re: For sale: Formula Cadence with gear; Werner Ikelos 210 b

Does this really have a rudder? I can't see it in pic. :mrgreen:

I think I am in love. Any one want a Tempest 170? :big_thumb

... thinking hard.

3. Mark_Schilling

Mark_Schilling Paddler

Wow, I must have been really tired - it's a skeg boat, of course! Sorry about that. I've changed the original post. :oops:

4. ubishops

ubishops Paddler

I'd be interested in buying the Werner Ikelos as long as it's a 210 or 215 :)