Forgive me Neptune for I have sinned.....

Discussion in 'General Paddling Discussions' started by Rachel_M, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Rachel_M

Rachel_M Paddler

It's been over a year since my last paddle :shock:

The excuses are vast - moving back to the UK, starting a new job (twice) and renovating our house. Then there was the whole issue of which boat/boats and how to transport it/them.

We visited Sea Kayak Oban on the way back from the outer Hebrides in September (beautiful paddling locatiton, but wild wind while we were there). They had the most beautiful Valley Aleut II in dark green with sparkles, lime green cockpit rims and the hull itself was one piece kevlar that had been left with a clear coat to see the pattern of the kevlar. I was in love, but at around $7000, before roofracks etc, it wasn't to be. We then decided we would stick to our trusty CD Libra XT. However, could be a 4 month wait :shock: and with Brexit, that also meant increasing prices there too. In a fit of desperation and with the help of Google, we got a divorce - only in the boating sense! We now have a purple Necky Eliza composite and a yellow Necky Looksha Elite composite.

Took our first paddle down a local river last weekend. Amazing being back on the water, but very different being in a single!

Happy paddles folks :D

2. windancer

windancer Paddler

Now that`s funny........

terry
    :lol:

3. designer

designer Paddler

>It's been over a year since my last paddle :shock:

You could almost imagine her, in her tartan plaid skirt, navy blue sweater over white blouse with peter pan collar. ... wait, we were talking about boats weren't we :)

4. Astoriadave

Astoriadave Paddler

Keep it going, Rachel. And those great photos, also.

5. Gary Jacek

Gary Jacek Paddler

Go with Cod my child.

6. Rachel_M

Rachel_M Paddler

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hopefully now that I have confessed my sins, I won't get a visit from the Codfather - I don't want to find a fish head in my bed....