Forums

Discussion in 'General Paddling Discussions' started by Tatlow, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Tatlow

Tatlow Paddler

Dan, a question/suggestion...would it be possible to have one more forum on your terrific site dedicated to the likes of GPS & Mapping similar to what is on Club Tread? I realize, such as in the Trip Reports, there are discussions about software, plotting etc. but like your forum on Photography, it could assist those of us who, at times, seek technical advice specifically. Thanks for even considering the request.

2. Astoriadave

Astoriadave Paddler

Good idea. Might be a good focal point for tricks and reviews.

3. fishboat

fishboat Paddler

That sounds fun.

Mapping and navigation is a key part of not getting hurt out there..it would be helpful to have a forum (a specific location with stored content, rather than rely on searching) that people could tap into to ask/answer questions. Online mapping in general is an evolving resource. What's available for free online today dwarfs what we had to pay for years ago. I expect this will continue. A specific forum would be a good way to keep current.

4. JohnAbercrombie

JohnAbercrombie Paddler

+1 on the above positive comments
    :big_thumb

5. Dan_Millsip

Dan_Millsip Paddler & Admin

Sorry for the delayed response, I've been away on holidays. Yes we can set something up for that -- I'll do it in the next couple of days.