Help with digital cameras

Discussion in 'Paddling Photography' started by Lucky, Feb 4, 2008.

1. elmo

elmo Paddler

:oops:

Sorry folks, wasn't trying to bring up the crusty old digital VS film debate. I honestly don't think it's a matter of one versus the other, as in my mind they are two completely different forms of media. Maybe a healthy discussion of the limitations of each would be in order?

I've been working heavily with computers since they first arrived on the scene. My first computer was a Commodore Pet which I used to program myself. I know exactly what (and what not) to expect from 1's and 0's ;)

The reason I prefer film to digital is not 'purism' but 'simplism'.

At this point in my life I no longer want to be a slave to computer housekeeping duties, or changes in technologies or software. Slides are an easy and safe way to archive photos, indefinitely. Give me a wall, and a plug, and I'll give you a slideshow of the last 30 years of my life :)

I'd much prefer to spend my precious free time doing things that I love. Like hiking, and camping, and now, kayaking :)

Great reading in this thread. I'm glad to see there are still people out there with passion in their hearts about the things they love!

Peace all,
    elmo

2. elmo

elmo Paddler

...did I mention that I don't need batteries? :mrgreen: