• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

iPhone and kayaking? Case recommendations?

M2G

Paddler
I know there are waterproof cases for the iPhone but would like to hear about experience about their performance from the kayaking community.

From a photographer's standpoint (quick access, keeping the lens area clean, etc.) what cases/carry systems work well for getting to the phone and allowing you to capture images, panos, vids?

http://www.cascadedesigns.com/e-case/is ... ne/product

iPhone in this case lives in the main pocket of my PFD. I am upside-down almost every time I paddle (on the water about twice a week) and this case has not failed in the 11 months that I have own it.

In fact I now own 2. I was careless one day and did not do up the pocket zipper on my PFD and I lost the E-Case. When I lost it, I only had my ID, fishing licence, etc in it (I left the phone at home that day). I purchased its replacement before a good samaritan found and returned my original case a week later. The case made it all the way to Esquimalt without letting in a drop of water.

Cost was $16 (??) at Ocean River Sports.

Thanks. That's exactly the kind of solution I was hoping to find good reviews on. Lanyard slot, etc. Also mstoc.co, you have a PM from me.

Back