• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

it's time to paddle...post pics here.

THR

Paddler
Hello,

As you can tell...I'm a visual kinda guy. Pictures and videos get me pumped to paddle :lol:

I'm hoping that we can all post pics here that get us excited to paddle. I think we can all agree that "sea kayaking" is little different for all of us. So please post pics that make you want to dust off the old boat and get on the water..

Thanks so much,

ro
794_IMG_27231_1.jpg

794_DSC_0053_1.jpg

On mornings like this my senses are very clear, it's easy to focus on smell,sound and sight.

27_1288_1.jpg

Dave R

Love it, Dave! Made me do a double-take...I'd love a full-size/full-res version so I can frame it and put up in my office, if you don't mind.

My inspiration is sitting in my office, looking out the window at the sun shimmering off Burrard Inlet (like it is at this precise moment). I'm lucky enough (and tortured) to work on the waterfront.

I need to get out there SOON!

great pic dave. I also had to take a double take :lol:

those morning can be amazing...this pic does it justice.

ro

the two sides of my paddling alter-ego

the calm relaxed side of paddling
1037_hornby_island_trip_04_61_1.jpg

the adrenaline side. this is that moment of conflicting emotions and thoughts (what the hell am i doing. whooo hooo here we go) i get every time i go out to challenging water.
1037_Tofino_Kayak_Surfing_by_James_090307_0220_1.jpg

Oh nice, rider!! Your first photo made it onto my desktop...I've never put anyone else' photo on there, but that one is soooo inspiring!

Five AM. 1 nautical mile from Solander Island, the tip of Brooks Penninsula. Seas 3-4 meters. The sun finally breaking the lip of the mountains behind me.

My paddling partner turned back and snapped this photo of me... every time I look at it, it inspires me to get back on the water.

1050_SMALL_liam_genevieve_2009_336c_1.jpg

p.s. - Nice photos folks.... I like this thread :)

agreed...beautiful pics. thanks for posting them everyone. now lets see some more :) :D :lol:

teaching also gets me pumped to paddle. these pics are from last years training...

794_P4130336_1.jpg

794_IMG_0200_1.jpg

On my first trip to the Central Coast I woke up aboard the Queen of Chilliwack somewhere on Fitz Hugh Sound and took this photo. After a few trips to the area it still speaks to me about the magic that awaits.

84_Fitz_Hugh_Morning_1.jpg

Me playing at Surge Narrows on an 8.9 knot flood a couple of years ago

n877500340_474073_9646.jpg

An beautiful winter paddle towards Stanley Park 2 winters ago.

n877500340_474157_915.jpg

a foggy morning playing in the rocks along the shores of English Bay

15856_324435645340_877500340_9882068_5363902_n.jpg

mikec...love the shots. that early morning fog shot is sweet.

thief...you're gonna love SUP. they're tones of fun.

ro

Re: Re:

lomcevak said:
Where is that, Dave?

dvfrggr said:
On mornings like this my senses are very clear, it's easy to focus on smell,sound and sight.

27_1288_1.jpg

Dave R

lomcevak, We were heading north on Meyers passage which separates Princess Royal and Swndle Is., Central Coast BC. The pic was taken at 5:47 am 7/28/09.

Chodups wrote a great trip report w/pic's on his blog http://3meterswell.blogspot.com/

Dave R

5:47???

How can anyone be awake at that time of day, let alone paddle! Please tell me you hadn't already packed up camp and were moving on at that time of day!

Back