Kayak Bill Camp Images Wanted

Discussion in 'General Paddling Discussions' started by chodups, Dec 16, 2018.

1. chodups

chodups Paddler

DSCN9937-001.jpg

The map at the BC Marine Trails web site shows a camp on Seaforth Channel listed as Denniston Point West. The photo used shows the remains of Kayak Bill’s camp. He called this Dufferin Island Camp. https://www.bcmarinetrails.org/bc-map?mapitem=4981

Can anyone put me in touch with the person who took this image as I would like to know what year it was taken and to see other photos that he/she may have taken at this site.

I have been gathering photos that I have taken on my trips as well as some taken by others, including Bill himself. If you have some images that you have taken at his camps and would be willing to share with me, I would love to see them.

I would particularly like to see any images taken pre-2004 or anything from the Grief Bay and Extended Point camps.

stagger likes this.
  2. mick_allen

mick_allen Paddler & Moderator

I'll check it out some more [probably can't get the info until into the new yr]. But from 1st scan, I think the photo most likely comes from the mentioned Pipedreams group as it is a very large photo which was not typical of what we used early on from anyone [the other site reporter mentioned in the hidden extended site data, Al Thompson, was an early, long term, and critically important director of the organization]. BCMTNA typically do not keep track of photo originators [always get permission so that data is not req'd to record] as they have gazillions of unused photos as well as extraneous data as part of the gargantuan database.

DennistonPtW.jpg