kayak storage in Richmond/Steveston?

Discussion in 'General Paddling Discussions' started by kayakwriter, Dec 30, 2018.

1. kayakwriter

kayakwriter Paddler

Hi WCPers,

Happy holidays and New Year!

We're living in Richmond, BC now. I have my kayak in storage at English Bay down in Vancouver's West End until spring. I'd like to move it to storage in the Steveston/Richmond area so I can start exploring the Fraser River, Ladner marsh, etc.

Ideally, the storage would be next to the water so I could bike to my boat and paddle away as I had been doing when we lived in Vancouver. Also ideally it would be secure indoor storage with 24/7 access, though I could make do with outdoor storage if it was in a gated compound or similarly secure.

I've already asked Kaymaran Adventure Tours/Marine Adventure Centre Steveston but they're moving their operation to Lander Harbour. I have an inquiry in to the Steveston Harbour Authority, but they give priority to commercial fishers, so this may not come through.

If anyone knows of a boathouse with some spare room or a rack on a controlled access dock, or...whatever, please PM or post a rely here for the benefit of all.

2. mick_allen

mick_allen Paddler & Moderator

deas island rowing clubhouse maybe?

3. kayakwriter

kayakwriter Paddler

Thanks for the suggestion; that's also on the far side of the river from us. So if I wound up doing that, Kaymaran Adventure Tours near Ladner Harbour would be my first choice. But I'll keep the idea in my back pocket.