Kayakers in Kelowna BC

Discussion in 'General Paddling Discussions' started by Longwing, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Longwing

Longwing Paddler

Any kayakers locally in Kelowna BC? I am looking for interested paddlers in my area.
    Longwing

2. mbiraman

mbiraman Paddler

I notice nobody has replied to your query yet. There is a whole group of paddlers in kelowna, sorry , i don't know how to put you in touch but maybe one of them will see this thread. Is there not a store there selling paddling gear?? Good luck

3. mick_allen

mick_allen Paddler & Moderator

Kelowna Canoe and Kayak Club: we've all met quite a few of their members over the years at the spring paddle and other chance meetings - a great group that seems to be quite active:
    http://kckc.ca/

4. bolter9

bolter9 New Member

Longwing- Hi, I've just moved to Kelowna and am pretty new to kayaking. I have a Seaward Cosma TX and a Necky Manitou. I lack cold water gear though, so probably won't get out too many more times this year.

Might see you at the club meets next Spring though!
    -Sean

5. KayDubbya

KayDubbya Paddler

I'm the past president of the Kelowna Kayak Club. There's lot's of active paddlers in the local club, but I guess fewer of them are on this site then there used to be. I would send an email to kckcmembership@gmail.com and inquire into any upcoming activities. The club AGM happened at the beginning of October and there will likely be no "formal" club events until the spring. I would still recommend sending an email to the club though. If nothing else you can get in touch with other members who will be paddling throughout the "off season". The club also has a Facebook page that is open to non-members as well as members. It might be a way to connect with other paddlers. Unfortunately work commitments this year have wiped out any paddling for me personally so I'm out of the loop.

6. lilydipper

lilydipper Paddler

Try the Kelowna Paddling Centre

Its more sport and fitness paddling and less sea kayaking. its a great location with a friendly group of people. Just off Pandosy by the hospital.

http://www.kelownapaddlecentre.ca

7. Longwing

Longwing Paddler

Are there any kayak sailors in the group or in the Okangan you know of? I am interested in gearing up my kayak with a Falcon sail this winter for the spring. I wouldn't mind talking with any of the group already geared up for sailing or contemplating doing so.

Thanks
    Longwing.