• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Kayaks from space

Darren,
Your game is too hard, I've got to get back to my life and off this google map. It was fun but I'm out.

Dave R

Dave,

Then go beyond Google...

So, where's this (hint, way, way North, a million miles from anywhere, kayaks not visible due to having melted in methane - well, once they launch - launch being another hint?

605_Titan_1.jpg

Pic from:

http://kayakyak.blogspot.com/2010/03/i- ... -here.html

See blog for source.

DougL

Okay searched and searched and searched... finally found this lovely kayak... dont know what brand it is... but looks sexy. I have paddled here lots, and many other people have as well.

lol.... :)

North is UP
50%ish land
HINT - Its not the Siamese type

1050_kayak_from_space_1.jpg

North is UP
50%ish land
HINT - Its not the Siamese type

1050_kayak_from_space_1.jpg
[/quote]

Okay another Hint...
The lake on the island about 400 meters north (just off screen), has documented Tsunami sedements from the 1700 earthquake.

And remember the first hint:
Its not the Siamese Type

DarrenM said:
Catala Island Marine Provincial Park

13_has_1.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS!!! The photo was actualy of Twins Island (ie: not Siamese type)... just to the south of Catala Island.

Great place to go paddling by the way

148_Coronado_Island_1.jpg

Hey Darren,

Coronado Island, which is across the bay from San Diego.

Now your in my neck of the woods. I launch from that beach on the left several times a year. I only live about 10 miles south of this area.

I'm up.
Greg

Three's company was filmed in Coronado??

funny, that's two pics that I've known where they are just by looking at the picture.

At first I couldn't see the kayaks in full zoom but then I just went east a bit...

How do you cut and paste the photo from google maps to the forum?

Back