• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Lady Rose Marine Service - last sailing August 31

Sechart Lodge has new owners this season and has become Broken Islands Lodge. Transport to the lodge lost service via the Frances Barkley this season. The pickup for lodgers has become Secret Beach via the lodge's water taxi. Even after the border opening, the Toquaht were not yet allowing non Canadians to access Secret Beach.

Sad end of an era. I'm grateful to have traveled with her several times. Recently with Frances Barclay and the first time back in 86 after the west coast trail with the real Lady Rose.

Those of you living here on Vancouver Island may have seen this on your news feeds today. For those who didn't, it looks like the company running the service is ramping up operations (at least for August).

Does anyone know if they have revived freight and passenger service for kayakers going to the Broken Group and launching at the lodge? It would be great if they were!

Does anyone know if they have revived freight and passenger service for kayakers going to the Broken Group and launching at the lodge? It would be great if they were!

Last I heard (maybe last winter), service to the Broken Group Lodge (newly named) was not happening. I would be quite interested to hear whether that service might be resurrected.

we booked for late Aug out to Bamfeild and return mid Sept
we are heading from Bamfeild to the Deer Group tho, not the lodge

Back