Lightweight Camp Stoves

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by Astoriadave, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Astoriadave

Astoriadave Paddler

Designs very reminiscent of DarenN's stainless stoves, but a bit smaller, I think. Three different models, including a titanium version. Bring money!

https://emberlit.com

2. Whidbey

Whidbey Paddler

I've had the larger ti version for a couple of years and I'm still impressed with it. No other stove I'm aware of packs flatter. It's very light too. Keeping a fire going is easy, but it's best to set it on a surface that will not be damaged by heat. This makes it necessary to use an old pie tin or something similar when you use it on a wood picnic table.

3. Astoriadave

Astoriadave Paddler

Whidbey, how is the titanium holding up?

4. Bluefoot

Bluefoot Paddler

Very similar to the UK Pocket Stove. The larger UK Honey Stove works nicely if you need a wider cooking surface. Both available in Ti and SS.

5. mick_allen

mick_allen Paddler & Moderator

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 4:21 PM
  6. Bluefoot

Bluefoot Paddler

I should have noted that if you own a UK Honey Stove you can use four of the six panels and voila you have the smaller Pocket Stove. The Pocket stove works with twigs, a Trangia burner, Esbit (hexamine) fuel and some of the smaller MeOH alcohol burners. It is very versatile. If you follow the link which was provided above you can watch a couple of neat videos on the product.

Astoriadave likes this.