• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

looking for baked energy bars recipe

nootka

Paddler
Anybody got a recipe they recommend?
I'm looking for a dense, baked energy bar. Have no interest in gooey sugar concoctions.
I used to get "Mt Begbie" bars from Woolsey Creek cafe in Revelstoke; they were perfect.

Hi Nootka

One of my favourites that have come on many paddling trips are Anytime Bars from The Cancer Fighting Kitchen by Rebecca Katz. Here is a link to the recipe http://www.myfoodmyhealth.com/HowItWorks/Sample-Recipes/Anytime_Bars.pdf Completely bombproof. I add cranberries to the original recipe and only toast my nuts (!) for 4-5 mins or they will burn. I also only cut them into 16 rather than the tiny 25 pieces she suggests.

I'm also working my way through Power Hungry - The Ultimate Energy Bar Cookbook with great success. There are recipes for knock-offs, activity bars, endurance bars, protein bars and raw bars.Most of these can be adapted to gluten free and vegan.

None of these can claim to be sugar free as they all have dried fruit and some have maple syrup/honey/agave nectar, but don't use added sugar itself.

Cheers

Rachel

Dear all,
I have here a german receipe for home made baked energy bars:

https://www.outdoorseiten.net/forum/sho ... Csliriegel

If you need a translation in english or a exact list of ingredients, please let me know.

But, don´t worry. You can use whatever you´ll find in your home. The best ones are made with your own selfmade jam.
Instead of honey, you can put Golden Syrup, Maple Syrup or something like that in your dough.
If you just take oat flakes and jam you have wonderful fruitbars.

But always use oblades on top and bottom of these bars, so they won´t stick togehter and your fingers are mostly clean. ;-)

Different variations are also possible. Roast the oate flakes in honey or syrup. Take cornflakes and cover them with chocolat.

LOL, now I´m hungry....

Back