Looking for more partners (Vancouver & beyond)

Discussion in 'Paddling Partners' started by Johnthethird, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Johnthethird

Johnthethird Paddler

So my only paddling pattern is slowly becoming out of commission (my wife is pregnant) and Im looking to meet more like minded people for day trips and overnighters. Id consider myself a novice paddler, have Paddle canada Level 1, very safety oriented, and pretty easy to get along with. And a pretty good camp cook!

Hit me up if anyone is looking for another partner...or if anyone is aware of any paddling metope/social groups.

Thanks!

2. LAM

LAM Paddler

Hi!

You should try Pika (Pacific International Kayak ). Just google it and click into their website. There is a very affordable annual membership fee which is really worth it. They have lots of kayak trips from local day trips to longer kayak/camping trips. There are quite a few members and you may even find a kayaking buddy close to your home so you can get out even more.

Lila

3. tiagosantos

tiagosantos Paddler

Had never heard of Pika, thanks Lila! On a somewhat similar note, there's also SKABC. Monthly meetings in Vancouver and looks like a fairly active group? Speaking of which, I should probably renew my membership..