• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Meet up before Campout! - Victoria

SheilaP said:
So we still good for this get together? I will make reservations for 8. :big_thumb
So... I'm guessing you meant 8 people, not 8 PM. :lol: I feel smart right now....

scott_f said:
So... I'm guessing you meant 8 people, not 8 PM. :lol: I feel smart right now....

Oh my Scott, yeah that would be 8 people. We did have 7 and I had a good time getting to know people a bit. A round table would have helped instead of the long rectangular one. I look forward to getting to know people better at the campground where the only background noise will be WCPaddlers, nature, and ferry wake. :big_thumb

Robyn and I are planning on departing for Portland Island between 8:00am and noon April 13th and will either put in at the public dock in Swartz bay if parking is available or at the beach access at Ardwell Ave.

We have used the Ardwell location as recent as this past Sunday and has very little elevation change from the unloading area to the beach. Perfect for packing the kayak for a camping trip. Parking is available along Resthaven Drive and on the side streets. The paddle to Swartz Head is about 3.5 km which we figure will be a nice warm up for the crossing to Portland :)

Checking the tides the max flood (8.2 ft) is at 09:01and turns to ebb so it would nice to be on the water earlier than later. Coming home Sunday the max flood is around 12:51 and the ebb will assist us going back. Perfect relaxed paddle home after a great weekend :clap:

Back