Minnie

Discussion in 'Boat and Accessory Building' started by susie, Mar 28, 2006.

1. susie

susie New Member

Mark
    My family gave me the artic tern 14 kit for Christmas, I have to say it was the greatest gift ever. I was lucky enough to find your building site. I learned so much from you as you posted your build. This was my first attempt at anything like this. We live on a small lake and I have fallen in love with kayaking. When I mentioned to my family I wanted to built my own boat they thought maybe I lost my mind. I am just about ready to start the final SANDING. I have had so much fun with this, its good to see the ice melting on the lake, I can't wait to put her in the water.
    Thanks for sharing you work
    Enjoy, Susie

2. Robert_Meier

Robert_Meier Paddler

Hi Susie,

Got any pics of your build?

Robert

3. Mark_Schilling

Mark_Schilling Paddler

Welcome to the site, Susie! Glad you found the gallery useful. You're going to love that little boat - it's a thrill to paddle!

Happy sanding! :wink:

4. susie

susie New Member

I will try to post a picture when I am finished. Who knows how long that will be with all the sanding ahead. :wink:

5. Astoriadave

Astoriadave Paddler

What sort of sanding system are you using? Yesterday I was reminded that it pays to use good sandpaper. I had been using some Ace brand 80 grit on my random orbital sander, and I just could not level out the epoxy bumps on the boat I'm building, so I switched to some 80 grit Mirka, and voila! those bumps disappeared in no time! The Mirka costs 40 cents a sheet, and put in perspective, that is only about half the cost of a cup of coffee, which I do not begrdge myself, so why was I so stingy on sandpaper? :oops: :lol: