• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Mushroom and Gorgonzola Fettuccine

DarrenM

Paddler
Mushroom and Gorgonzola Fettuccine

1 pound dried fettuccine
3 cups dehydrated mushrooms (your choice)
1 cup onion flakes
6 large cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 Dehydrated red peppers, cut into thin strips
1 large can of cream
3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (keeps for days if wrapped in vinegar soaked cheese cloth)
1/2 cup dehydrated chives
3 tablespoons dried parsley
3 tablespoons dried basil
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preparation

1 Rehydrate mushrooms and peppers. set aside.
2 Cook the fettuccine according to the package directions. Remove from the heat. Drain.
3 For sauce: In a large skillet, cook the mushrooms, onion, and garlic in olive oil.
4 Add the pepper strips to skillet. Cook about 5 minutes over medium heat stirring occasionally.
5 Add the can of cream and cheese to the skillet. Stir the mixture over medium heat until the cheese melts
and the sauce thickens slightly. add chives, parsley, basil, and salt.
6 To serve, pour the sauce over the pasta and toss the pasta to coat.

Makes 6 servings.
Pair with a nice merlot. (one bottle each) 8O

I adapted this from a home recipe, and haven't tried it yet. When I do I will let you know how it was. Sounds good :D

Darren_McQuitty said:
Makes 6 servings.
Pair with a nice merlot. (one bottle each) 8O

I adapted this from a home recipe, and haven't tried it yet. When I do I will let you know how it was. Sounds good :D

6 servings! Yeah, right - you haven't seen me eat after a day of paddling, have you? :p

I'll have to pass on the Merlot (but I hear cranberry juice is a good substitute), but otherwise I'd be happy to be a guinea pig for this recipe (and most others!). 8)

Sounds delicious Darren... much better than the fried rice and chicken dish I whipped up last night near Quesnel at 11 at night. Finally made it back home (nice to be back to the North coast again) and I wanted to thank you boys again as it was excellent meeting you and I much appreciated the hospitality. Heading back into Simpson tomorrow and am not looking forward to unpacking, but it will be good to get back on the water again.

Brad

Back