• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

my 300$ set of day play/workout gear

rider

Paddler
Just felt like sharing what i scored recently here n there. I wanted somethign small i can toss into the back of the firefly if i just go for a short putter around and dont feel like taking 17 ft and 65 lbs of cape horn,and with a snug fit for rolling.and i needed a new paddle.
So, over the last 2 months i ended up scoring :
80$ Aquabound Tsunami carbon fibre paddle , 210 i think, in good shape.
20$ used but decent neoprene Brooks skirt, which incidentally happen to fit the 200$ Dagger crossfire(11 ft long,about 40-45 lbs) old school river runner in pretty good shape, with airbags.
this saturday went for a paddle with kim around the barnett marine park and played in some boat wakes. crossfire is a fun quirky little boat that was actually faster than i thought (if i managed to keep it straight) and very stable.
i think all n all not bad for a day play package on a budget.

those are some great scores!

i often have taken my riveryaks out from barnet. it's great exercise coming close to keeping up if i/m with someone.

Back