• We apologize for the somewhat convoluted sign-up process. Due to ever-more sophisticated attacks by chatbots, we had to increase our filtering in order to weed out AI while letting humans through. It's a nuisance, but a necessary one in order to keep the level of discourse on the forums authentic and useful. From the actual humans using WCP, thanks for your understanding!

Need west end kayak storage

Paddle life

Hi new to town and im looking for secure storage for two glass 17 foot sea kayaks
an older post suggested a place called ecomarine it looks like they are no longer there
or place called english bay boat house?
Any help would be great
Talking to neighbours in the davie street west end community theft has gone up tons :(
any help or suggestions
Cheers Grant

The two suggestions I had (Jericho Sailing Centre and False Creek Paddle Club) look prohibitively expensive, >$300 per year for individual membership.

Might be outdated but have you tried this?

Kayak storage
Indoor secure storage space is available for kayaks year round at the English Bay Boathouse. Call 604-736-5155 for details.

any of the local marinas or storage facilities? Or what about checking some of the industrial areas for small industries that might like to make a few spare bucks.
another idea is that I stored someone's plastic beater yak outside for quite a few years and had the use of it whenever I wished. Different situation now, but maybe if you offer a similar situation to others, that may be an option if the kayaks are not precious.
As you mention theft, another option [that I use] - if they're not precious also- is to downdress or artistically 'distress' the yak so it is not a 'worthwhile' target. [the function is what's important not the appearance, and if [some]waterbased or duct tape, it just washes or peels off anyway]

I don't know if he still does it, but Peter Loppe at Lotus Land tours used to lease a room in the boathouse at English Bay to store the kayaks he used for tours, and sublet rack space to other kayakers, SUPers, and canoeists.

Back