new guy

Discussion in 'General Paddling Discussions' started by andreas, Jul 2, 2005.

1. andreas

andreas Paddler

hi there,

i thought bevor i start my first posting , i have to introduce myself :roll:

name: andreas
    living where: vic
    money making: fixing + building kayaks and canoes in local kayak shop (www.gotpaddle.net)
    hobies: inventing new things :roll: ........ i just cut my fiberglass boat apart to make a two peace boat out of it. now i can store it in my basement and transport it IN my vw bus.
    guess what? my wife got a brand new boat today too and just in case i'm getting bored at home---i have to cut this one apart too 8O :D that means another 25 hours of work on the weekend and evenings........

oh yea, bevor i forget, i'm german

see ya on the water

andreas

2. andreas

andreas Paddler

http://andreas-schwall.magix.net/

here is the picture from today. new boat on top and old cut up boat in the van :D
    and if you klick on "vacation" you will see some more kayak fixing and cutting pictures.......

see ya

andreas

3. Dan_Millsip

Dan_Millsip Paddler & Admin

andreas, welcome to the site. 8)

What's the story about photo 2/7?

4. andreas

andreas Paddler

the story

hi dan,

ok, here is the story to the picture:

i got my formula diamante last fall. the first owner had a little problem with it.... 8O on a stormy night, 2 trees landet across the kayak 8O :?

so he droped it of at my workplace and bought a new one. lucky me--i like the diamantes :D so, after about 25 hours of work my boat was ready to hit the water again! i would say 1/3 of the hull was trashed and 1/4 of the deck needed patches too. the picture is just showing the "easy" spot i fixed.........
    later on i thought ok, you have a kayak now--but where can you store it? there is no way that i can bring it in to my basement in one peace.

that is when i got the idea about cutting it apart :roll:
    again about 35 work hours later it was back on the water :D

that was 2 weeks ago. i'm still working on the boat, the hull still has to get gel coat on it and the hatches need a bit of sanding too.

ok, so mutch about the picture question

see ya
    andreas