New (to me) Winter Project

CPS

Paddler
The revelation provided today is that I hate it. Tore them out pretty much immediately upon getting in. Just felt too crowded and too large. I'll trim them way down and try again.

I was paddling at Hayward lake, as it's pretty close to my place. The water level was about a metre lower than it usually is, so the shallow spot with a soft bottom was actually completely exposed. I found another decent spot and tried a few rolls. Some success, but I really had to put effort into keeping my knees jammed against the deck. So something will be needed to get more reliable.

The hydro dam was sending out a lot of water, so I did a few ferry crossings and generally mucked about in the current. A few times there where a better connection to the boat would have been good.

Back to the drawing board.

PXL_20211107_183539718.PORTRAIT.jpg

CPS

Paddler
The flooding and accompanying state of emergency in Abbotsford has meant a few unexpected days off work.
So today I worked on the thigh brace situation a bit more.

PXL_20211117_194045359.jpg

I opted to significantly reduce the size, and tapered them a bit towards the back. I then covered the minicell in a layer of neoprene for a bit more grip. I extended the neoprene past the minicell a good amount to give have some padding between my knees and the hull.

PXL_20211117_201347726.jpg
PXL_20211117_201333991.jpg

Overall a much lower profile than the last attempt. I still have them affixed with the peel and stick adhesive. If I like this setup I'll glue them in permanently.

In other news, I got some retro reflecting stickers to cover up holes I patched up earlier.
PXL_20211117_202018617.jpg