New To the Forum

Discussion in 'General Paddling Discussions' started by Batstar, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Batstar

Batstar Paddler

Hey all! Just discovered your great little community here and thought that I’d drop in to say hello. I’m just one bored prairie dog who craves paddling with rest of the big dogs out on the west coast. Usually make the drive out to the Island 2-3 times during the course of the summer and our favorite destination is the Broken Group. I’m currently working hard trying to finish a Pygmy Arctic Tern that I started a month ago and have it ready for another paddling adventure. :cool:

Anyways, hope to make myself a bit more active here in the coming weeks. In the meantime, I’ll leave you with a few pics of a past trip to Kyuquot Sound. Keep up the great work!! :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mark_Schilling

Mark_Schilling Paddler

Hi Batstar,

Welcome to the site! For some reason I can't see your photos... but sometimes these things happen.

I'd love to see photos of your Pygmy so far... how are you finding the building experience? Have you built any kayaks before this? I'm planning on building a 14' Arctic Tern this winter - it'll be my first try at building.

Enjoy the site, and feel free to comment on anything!

Mark

3. Batstar

Batstar Paddler

Let's try that again. :oops:

Thanks for the warm welcome Mark. Sorry 'bout the pics, I'll try uploading them one more time. Hope it works. No way of editing my original post I guess, eh? :)

...and one of the Pygmy just for good measure! ;) Find the process rather stimulating, although I must admit there have been a few challenges along the way. It's also my first build. Just finished glassing the hull yesterday and plan to glue the deck on tomorrow.

[​IMG]

4. Batstar

Batstar Paddler

Darn, just remembered that Webshots doesn't permit offsite linking of photos. :oops:
    Here's the link to the album instead.

Misc. Kayaking Pics

5. Dan_Millsip

Dan_Millsip Paddler & Admin

Welcome Batstar!

Hmmm... I can see the photos just fine. In fact, I hope you don't mind that I removed the duplicates. My guess is that there's something haywire with Mark's connection. :p

Awesome shots -- I especially like the first one of the boats on the beach. Very cool.

Looks like you're doing a nice job on the Tern. As Mark mentioned, please do keep us posted on your building progress.

Hope you enjoy the site.

6. andreas

andreas Paddler

welcome batstar!

i like your pics!

andreas

7. Steve_Fairbairn

Steve_Fairbairn Paddler

Hmmm. I can't see the pics either...

8. Andy_Ferguson

Andy_Ferguson Paddler

Me either until I did a right click and selected "view picture". Odd...

Cool pictures. Gotta love a nice sandy beach.

9. ztar

ztar Paddler

I just right-click and then opt for "view image"